1.Master to ensure that the Designated officers are competent to operate the equipment
2. The required training shall be demonstrated by the officers during every drill
3. Ensure that the testing of GMDSS equipment shall always be undertaken by the designated officers
4. Ensure that details of INM-C, MF-HF equipment, Epirb etc are updated in case there is change in data of such vessel.
5. Ensure that EPIRB is properly stowed and not activated falsely
6. If false distress is transmitted such distress alert shall be cancelled using the appropriate procedures and all officers shall be aware of same