When repairs have been carried out it is customary to subject the boiler to a hydraulic test. Before testing the boiler must be prepared. All equipment and foreign matter must be removed from the water space of the boiler and the repairs have to be carefully examined.Hydraulic pressure test is carried out at 1.5 times the working pressure, applied for 30 minutes.
▪ The boiler safety valves have to be gagged and close all openings of the boiler
▪ Open air vent cock and boiler feed check valve
▪ Fill up boiler fully with clean fresh water and purge off the air
▪ Close the air vent cock when the water is coming out from it
▪ Using a hydraulic pump unit connected by a small bore pipe to the boiler by feed water line, pressure can be gradually applied.
▪ Fit standard pressure gauge
▪ Apply hydraulic pressure 1.5 times of working pressure and maintain 30 minutes
▪ Thus it can be examined for leakage and faults