1. All means of access such as ladders, stairs are safe, well lit and unobstructed.
2. Warning notices put in case access is in dangerous condition.
3. Guard rails in proper condition
4. Portable ladder properly secured
5. Opening fenced suitably
6. Ship’s working area is safe to enter.
7. All levels to be adequately lit
8. Area to be ventilated
9. Loose tools, stores kept in dedicated places and secured.
10. Machinery systems properly guarded.
11. Operating instructions properly displayed.
12. Safety signs displayed.
13. PPE’s for crew available and in good condition
14. Work permit system is being followed.
15. Proper tools being used.
16. Paint drums, chemicals, tools etc to be secured and locked