1. Render assistance to other ships and crew, without endangering himself.
2. To stay by the ship until ascertained that no further assistance is needed.
3. To tell the other ship, name of the ship, port of registry, last port and next port.
4. Entry in Official Log Book and Signed.
5. Report to the Central Govt (within 24 hours), details of the accident, stating name of the ship, Port of registry, official number and its present location.
6. If pollution occurs, inform flag state and near coastal state.
7. Minimizing flooding and damage.
8. Inform underwriters/owners/flag state.
9. Prepare for minimizing pollution.
10. Collect evidence.
11. Prepare for salvage, if required.