Loading precautions for wheat -
1. Check whether regularly and be ready to close holds in case of any precipitation.
2. Check that The loading should always be carry out evenly.
3.All empty spaces shall be carefully filled by the loading hopper/spout/grab, to maximise the usage of grain capacity and reduce scope of shifting
4. No naked lights on deck/ no smoking
5. Loading grain gives rise to dust so ask the personnel to use dust masks/ face shield etc.
6. Visual checks shall be done in order to ensure that no ‘rotten’ cargo is being loaded. So visually verify that the cargo being loaded is not damaged. If noticed, inform to chief officer.