What is coalescer in OWS?« Back to Questions List

Posted by marinetales
Asked on June 26, 2021 1:04 pm

• It is a filter element fitted at the oily water separator system made of steel wire mesh or nylon fibers
• They are generally incorporated in the 2nd stage for bilge separation towards the 15 ppm equipment
• When small droplets of oil come into contact with coalescer surface they coagulate and form large oil droplets. They remain in coalescer surface until they grow large enough to achieve buoyancy forces required to float away.

Posted by marinetales
Answered On June 26, 2021 1:17 pm